Sunday, November 25, 2007

Scribbits Apple Donut Recipe

Combine the following ingredients in this order in your bread machine and set your machine to "dough" cycle:

1 cup milk
¼ cup wheat germ
3 ¾ cups flour
3 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoon brown sugar
1 large grated apple
1 large egg
2 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger
1 tablespoon fast-acting yeast

When the dough is ready, shape into 14 donuts and let them rise 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until browned and done. Immediately dip in a cinnamon/sugar mix (you can dip it in butter first if you dare, the taste is worth it but the calories may kill you).

2 comments:

Sharon Pickering said...

ohhhh, Janet, this sounds wonderful! I love new recipes for my bread machine. And I love apples. So, this is perfect!!

Dawn said...

This looks really yummy, but I can't eat yeast breads. I am not sure if you are like me, always looking at recipes, but I put a recipe on my regular blog on Tuesdays, under Taste of Tuesday.