Monday, June 04, 2007

Gut buster

I just stuck this in the oven. Had a little taste before it went in. YUMMMM.

Thanks to my niece Kris. Will pack on a couple pounds I'm sure.



Lazy Man Perogie


16 oz can Sauerkraut

1 can cream of mushroom soup

¼ pound bacon

1 box spiral noodles

2 sticks butter

1 medium yellow onion

8 oz can mushrooms



Cook bacon until crisp. Break bacon into small pieces. Cook spiral noodles, drain well and rinse with cold water. Drain and rinse sauerkraut. Drain can of mushrooms. Cut onion into small pieces. Cook onion, sauerkraut, mushrooms, and melted butter simmering with pot cover on until tender. Add bacon and cream of mushroom soup. Stir. Add noodles and stir until noodles are coated. Pour into casserole dish and cover with foil. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Yum, that looks great. I make a German lasagna that is similar with a creamy white sauce, polish sausage, layered in the noodles with cheddar cheese and sauerkraut. I did a post the beginning of November on homemade sauerkraut. I think we will have this soon, I have been thinking about he German lasagna for a while and planning to make it.