Wednesday, February 14, 2007

No-fuss Potato Soup

6 sups cubed peeled potatoes
5 cups water
2 cups chopped onions
½ cup chopped celery
½ cups thinly sliced carrots
¼ cup margarine or butter
4 t chicken bouillon granules
2 t salt
¼ t pepper
1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
3 T chopped fresh parsley

In a large slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients
Cover and cook 7 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
Add Milk and parsley
Mix well
Cover and cook 30-60 minutes longer or until heated through.

1 comment:

Sharon Pickering said...

This one sounds really good. My husband loves potato soup. Actually the recipe is similar to mine...nix the celery and carrots. Do you saute your onions first? That is my other difference. And depending on what is in my fridge, I sometimes add Half & Half or heavy whipping cream (for a rich soup) instead of the evaporated milk or do a mixture.

But, the big difference...I have never done mine in a slowcooker. I am going to try it!